Monday, August 01, 2005

Sex & the City

Well, I have not missed an episode on Sex & the City. Every time I watched it, I felt more confidence and always thought girls in this new age are so independent they do not need a man. I always thought I wanted to be one of them...But again, it's always a thought. I can never be like them. Well not the sleeping with all the men, but the wanting to be independent like them. They never felt old. Even at 38 / 40, they still go out partying, they were so carefree. I learnt a lot from the series. I dont know whether it's a good thing or not.

Until last two weeks when I watched the finale, everything changed. everything ended..... it was not as expected. I always thought girls can be independent all the time (at least in Sex & the City). They can do things themselves and not need men at all. But the conclusion is... women do need men.The ending made me thought a lot. no matter how strong you are, there is no escape from men. Well, maybe you can when you are young, when you still have the looks and 'ching choon'. then, you can get all the attention you want. but as you get older, what happens is you will be alone. Who on earth aren't afraid of being alone?

If we only live once a life, why are we always looking back at our past? Aren't we supposed to move on with our lives? Hasn't the past past??? We should be more contended with what we have with us now. maybe when you are young you wont appreciate things, but as u get older, you will know the importance of everything. if you loose something now, you might not get it back at all.No matter how much you play / enjoy your single life, one day in the future, you will sit down and think back of all the people you have loved. you will think "why did i let him/her go?" you will need company indefinately.....

So are we moving from Sex & the City to Desperate Housewife???

No comments: